REVISED COVID-19 RECOMMENDATIONS
SOUTH FLORIDA MUSLIM FEDERATION
COUNCIL OF IMAMS
June 10th, 2021
(In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful)
New COVID-19 cases in the state of Florida have been trending downward, and most Floridians have access to the vaccine, Alhamdulillah. Below are the revised guidelines which take into account the growing vaccine rate as well as the need to be vigilant in our own actions to ensure that we do not cause harm to ourselves or other members of the community.
We pray that Allah continues to grant us us patience and wisdom, and we pray that Allah keeps us all safe and healthy.
CONGREGATIONAL PRAYERS / ISLAMIC CENTER GATHERINGS:
1. If prayer is held indoors, masks are still suggested, especially for attendees who are not yet vaccinated.
2. If prayer is held outdoors, vaccinated attendees do not have to wear a mask.
3. Avoid unnecessary physical contact.
4. Congregants not yet vaccinated should maintain social distancing of 3 feet , for example pray/stand at the back.
5. Make clear in the prayer areas where congregants can stand (for the prayer).
6. Individuals who are immunocompromised should pray at home.
7. Anyone who is sick and/or with symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, or sore throat should not come to the mosque.
While we as South Florida Muslim community face this challenge, we pledge to join together in support, prayers, and seek mercy from Allah to protect us, our families, our country, and the world from this global pandemic.
(Above recommendations are guidelines, developed with input from medical professionals and local Imams. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the Mosque management that they are in conformity with the policies of federal, state and local agencies.)
Joint Statement Participants:
Imam Nasir Ahmad (Masjid Al-Ansar)
Sheikh Khushtar Noorani (Al-Amin Center of Florida)
Br. Imran Ali (Masjid Al-Ihsaan)
Sheikh Tariq Chebbi (Miami Downtown Masjid)
Br. Shakeel Hye (Islamic Center of Weston)
Imam Mohammed Jaffer (Islamic Jafferia Association)
Imam Abdul Hamid Samra (MCA of South Florida)
Imam Zayd Shareef (Jamaat Ul Mutaqeen)
Imam Naseeb Khan (Nurul Islam)
Imam Muhammad Lunat (Muslim Community of Palm Beach County)
Mufti Sultan Mohiuddin (Islamic Foundation of South Florida)
Imam Adrian Rajab (Masjid Alhijra)
Imam Hasan Sabri (Islamic Center of South Florida)
Sheikh Ali Barakat
Imam Rashid Ahmed (Madinatul Uloom)
Imam Fathi Khalfi (Islamic Center of Boca Raton)