South Florida Muslims - Hurricane Relief for Bahamas.
SOUTH FLORIDA FEDERATION IN COLLABORATION WITH HELPING HAND AND OTHER COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS AND MASJIDS.
Below are the Islamic centers throughout South Florida that participated in this effort to provide relief to those affected by Hurricane Dorain:
- Masjid Jamaat al-Mumineen (Margate) – Yazid – 954-304-0917
- Islamic Foundation of South Florida (Sunrise) – Shehryar 954-605-2942
- Islamic School of Miami (Kendall) – Naveed – 786-512-3150
- Masjid Miami Gardens (Miami Gardens) – Danyal 954-397-2013
- Nurul Islam (Cooper City) – Jawaad 954-707-3491
- Islamic Jafferia Association (no drop off – directly delivering supplies)
- Islamic Center of Boca Raton (Boca Raton) – Abdurauf 321-216-7937
- Masjid Jamaat-ul Muttaqeen (Pembroke Pines) – Yunus 954-605-2937
- Islamic Center of South Florida (Pompano Beach) – Rasheed 954-536-0395
- Islamic Center of Broward (Sunrise) Imran 954-479-7040
- Al-Amin Center (Boynton Beach) – Murd 561-212-5941
- Masjid Al-Ansar (Miami) – Nasheed Sabir 305-606-8236
- Masjid Al-Ihsaan (Miami) – Imam Tariq 305-305-1960
- American Islamic Center of FL (Pompano Beach) – Abbas 305-218-9125
- Muslim Community of Palm Beach County (West Palm Beach) – Moin 561-714-7862
Emergency Appeal: Hurricane Dorian, a category 5 storm with winds up to 220 miles per hour, slammed into the Grand Bahama and Abaco Islands leaving behind 5 dead and thousands injured. Search and rescue operations are underway as island officials struggle to provide humanitarian relief.
Massive flooding has prevented search and rescue teams from reaching families who have resorted to rooftops for protection from rising waters. Officials fear lack of access to clean drinking water, indefinite power outages, and an increasing death toll. A total of 80% of people on the Abaco Islands have lost their homes in the aftermath of this hurricane.
Photo Credit: The Tribune
Please continue to pray for the people in the path of this Hurricane; we are closely monitoring the situation and our emergency relief teams are preparing to provide aid.