American Muslim Leaves For Hajj at Al-Haram Al-Maki Al-Shareef
It is reported that there are 3 special masjids that we can earn big rewards from. The Prophet told us about that in the following hadith:
- The Prophet said: ”The prayer in my masjid (Masjid An-Nabawi) is better than one thousand (1000) prayers in any other masjid with the exception of Masjid Al-Haraam, and a prayer in Masjid Al-Haraam is better than one hundred thousand (100,000) prayers.”
- Abu Ad-Dardaa’ reported on the authority of the Prophet , that the reward for praying at the Sacred Mosque (in Makkah) is equal to the reward for one hundred thousand regular prayers; the reward for praying at the Prophet’s Mosque (in Madeenah) is equal to the reward for one thousandregular prayers; and the reward for praying at the Al-’Aqsa Mosque (in Jerusalem) is equal to the reward for five hundred regular prayers. [Al-Bazzaar] This is an authentic narration.
From the hadith we learned that praying in:
- Masjidil Haram (Makkah) = 100,000 prayers
- Masjid An-Nabawi (Madinah) = 1000 prayers
- Masjidil Aqsa (Palestine) = 500 prayers